Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Korra Bending Rough Sketch

I'm really tired, and not sure if I'm going to finish this or not. Anyone who knows me knows that I play A LOT of street fighter. I'm not very good at it, but I play it a lot. Anyway, Yang's design reminds me a lot of Korra's design. Tight upper shirt, with really baggy pants. Their silloettes are very similar. I also like the way Yang fights so I borrowed a Yang fight pose (specifically his Ultra2) and drew Korra doing it.

The problem is the extreme perspective. I don't think it would be interesting from a different angle, but I'm not sure if I'm pulling it off. I'm way too tired right now to make a good decision.

The thing is, I kind of want to do an action shot of Korra, and I want to do a pin up of Korra. It's way too difficult to do both at the same time. There are certain "sexy" shapes and lines and they really conflict with "action" shapes and lines. My wires are getting crossed.

No comments: