Saturday, September 20, 2008

Abstraction

I've been using alot of random abstract paintings to start off my art lately. For examplecame from


so when I'm out of ideas, I just do abstract paintings in painter, and get back to them when I get an idea for what is there. Sometimes that happens right away, sometimes it takes a few weeks. The thing I like about these abstract paintings is that it helps me get through art blocks. I focus on basic principles of art, such as contrast, color, and composition. Anyway, enough of my rambling here are some abstract paintings I did today.




I focused mostly on the cool color spectrum, because I've noticed that I have a propencity to make warmish colored paintings. So for the sake of contrast, and as practice, I just went with cool colors.

No comments: