Wednesday, September 10, 2008

THE GRAND re-OPENING
Wow, I forgot I even had this site. I went so far as to make another blog under another name. I thought it odd that the green squid was taken. Though, I have to admit that I didn't look in to it too readily because I'm getting tired of the moniker. Oh well, there isn't anything better available, so I'll stick with this.

Here you will find daily art ramblings, I hope. I also have an account on dA, but this blog will feature work that I can't put there. This will fall in to six categories: practice , work that dA won't allow on it's site, youtube videos, fun stuff, portfolio work or finished non-portfolio work.




This is a sample of unfinished work. Generally these will be studies and experiments. Life drawings, life paintings, etc. Stuff that artists do to hone and practice their skills.



This is the stuff that dA won't allow. It will pretty much always be sexual, some of it may even be explicit. I find it kind of ironic that a site called "DEVIANT" art wouldn't allow this, but I'm certainly not important enough to change anything on that site, so I'm just gonna keep doing my thing.

On a side note. I go back and forth when it comes to creating this kind of stuff. On one hand, I can't help but be like "yay boobs!" but on the other hand, I worry about my credibility.



Here, hopefully, is a youtube video. Whenever the inclination strikes me I tend to record rendering, and painting sessions. I have to record myself sketching because I can't seem to do it very well when I know I'm being watched. Maybe that will change.


this is an example of fun stuff. Just funny quick and dirty things that make me chuckle. Dunno what you'll get out of em though.



When I take my portfolio around, I only bring my best work. This is an example of one of my best, certainly, it's one that many recruiters act favorably towards.




Finally, finished non-portfolio work. This stuff walks a fine line between being portfolio and non portfolio work. But generally, this is stuff that is just missing that has the ingredient of looking good enough for me, but not looking good enough for someone hiring.

No comments: