Monday, December 29, 2008

Some Quick Kei Drawings




Every artist has their weak points. I have many, but one that really sticks in my craw is my cartoon drawing ability. I'm much better with shapes as representations of form than lines as representations of form. Now, I'm the kind of person that if I'm not good at something, I tend to work on it until I am. However, the preocess of trying to improve is a very painful one. Here are some experimentations with a more cartoony style of doing things.

I love drawing Kei. She's one of my favorite anime characters and has been since the mid 90s. I mean, the series she's in is fairly forgettable, and nothing I'd recommend to anyone else. But her character tends to stand out in the oversaturated medum that is anime. And it's not because of TnA (though I enjoy drawing that aspect very much) because there is a lot more and a lot better TnA in the realm of Anime.

No comments: