Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Huge Update of work Part 1

This was a commission. It really sucks. The guy wanted Raven showering. THe thing is, the first thing that comes to mind is someone with their arms over their head. I felt like I had been using that pose a lot as a crutch. So I wanted to try something different with her in the shower, twisting for some reason. It just didn't turn out like I envisioned.
This is the finished Virgil Concept Art. This kind of work, this kind of painting is close to what I would like to be doing for a career.
A commission, basically the client wanted a sexy image of the venom symbiote mid transformation on Naruko from Naruto. Naruko is Naruto himself transformed in to a girl. The guy who asked for this was really really patient with me. It took several months for me to draw this actually because it just seemed so... weird. I mean, I don't judge, I just draw and I thank the dude for his patronage.
Female Link. Another commission. Client wanted a female link. That's it. This was the second line experiment I did, and I think it turned out much better.

I have to be honest, I almost didn't want to post this. There are a couple reasons for this. First, it brings out an anger in me because of the response I got to it. To put it simply, I love women, but hate neo-feminism. The kind that tries to dictate to men what they can and cannot find attractive. The kind that tries to tell me what it means to be a man. The kind that is close minded, arrogant, and stupid. I caught a ton of flak for their breast sizes and I defended the hell out of it. Because of my stance, I defended it to the point of being a real dick about it. The reason why is that I've been worn down about these issues, and my stance boiled down to "if you are physically threatened by a drawing, you aren't worth my time." I drew this for a client according to their specifications. I am well aware of how to draw realistically proportioned breasts. However, even if it weren't for a client, I find it obnoxious when other people try to unload the hang ups they have about their body or what other people are attracted to on to you and your work. What someone else finds attractive shouldn't affect you. There are people who love scat. Why should I care? There are people who love enormous tits. Why should you care? It's almost as if this boils down to "if it isn't my body type they find attractive, then they are wrong." The arrogance of it makes me so fucking mad, especially as a guy who gets turned down a lot based on my looks.

The second reason I didn't want to post it is because, quite frankly, it isn't very good. I was experimenting a lot with line and color, and it just didn't work out very well. There are some people who liked it, but it isn't what I'm going for in general.
Yet another commission. I'm not a big fan of it to be honest. The way she's twisting just doesn't seem... natural. It's like her back is broken or something. Freaks me the fuck out. But the client was happy, and that's all that matters.

No comments: