Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Rest of Sokka Week





About the design:

Sokka, like his sister, is a difficult character to describe and ultimately translate. Like Toph, he is a character of contradictions. For example, he usually comes up with the plan that saves the day, but at times acts completely oblivious and stupid. Sokka basically exists for two purposes, to move the plot along, or be funny.

He also is a ladies man. No one who watched the series didn't realize this. He even gave some of the best advice for attracting women ever. "Maintain maximum aloofness." Anyone who knows anything about attracting women realizes that this is completely accurate.

He's smart, atheltic, funny, and understands the opposite sex despite being a mysoginist. I know quite a few people like this. So I based the design on those people. He's tall, handsome, confident, and has a shit eating grin. He's a douche.

A douche we love.

There, a short description. Finally. --- Must. Resist. Urge. To. Elaborate.


Sorry about not updating. I simply haven't had the wherewithal to do it. I mean, not only am I working on other art, but classes and stuff are getting in the way. Like yesterday I spent 8 hours writing a paper for Economics. It's getting towards thanksgiving and a lot of teachers have major stuff due just before thanksgiving. Their logic is that if you get all of the important stuff in before thanksgiving, then students can enjoy their vacation. That's true, but still it puts a lot of pressure to get stuff done.

I'm the kind of guy that likes to get stuff done the second I get it or a week or two before it's due. Like all of these things I'm posting were done a month and a half ago. So I'm trying to get stuff done early and it's taking up most of my time.

Getting sick and being in school is really putting a damper on this whole thing, isn't it?

Oh well. One more week. Next up Aang.

I'm sad that Aang gets no love. I actually have alot to say about him.

No comments: