Tuesday, May 12, 2009

To Boldly Go


This was a 45 minute speed painting. I'm gettin better at speed painting, now if I could only get better at slow painting. Getting detail in there is tough, a good first impression I can do.

Star Trek was really well done and Ryan Church's distinctive visual aesthetic certainly brought a lot to the film visually. I know a little bit about how Ryan Church does his images, so I took some queues from him.

I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of Nero's ship design. I understand wanting to visually connect it with a space monster and all of the connotations that is, but still, it bugged me. The ship didn't strike me as romulan.

Even in the kobeyashi maru the Klingon vessels looked the same and I could tell that they were klingons. But Nero's ship design just came out of fucking left field, didn't it?

No comments: